Tuesday Morning Crabtree Watch - 10/13

Disclaimer: this week's version will be skewed by the clusterfuck that was the Niners performance this past weekend.


 

No - that's not Michal Crabtree signing his contract, but  I imagine him walking into the conference room with a hat similar to the one worn above.

Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat notes that Crabtree will be required to go over the Niners offensive schemes with coordinators this week, even as others are allowed to take a mini vacation until next Monday. I like this - SIngletary's stripping that jester hat right off Crabtree's head; I just wish he had required all players to stay behind after last week's "performance" (cause really, did they even show up to perform - I think not).

The two plays that killed me:

1) Everyone's mentioning Coffee's failure to note that Morgan didn't score on his 61-yard reception in the 1st quarter, thus forcing us to waste a timeout (noted at the end of the clip). However, I'd like to blame Morgan - he lets up at the 10-yard line, only to be tripped up at the 5. If he goes hard the full 63 yards, his 61-yard reception is now a 63-yard TD reception. This then saves us a timeout that we can use to overturn the poor decision by the officials to allow Delanie Walker's fumble to stand (clearly caused by the ground, as seen at the 2 minute mark here).

2) Just before Walker's return, White scores on a 90-yard TD reception against our "lockdown" corner (Nate Clements has been very strong for us over the past 2+ years; he just had a horrible game yesterday). Clements knows he has no help over the top. Let me repeat this, he KNOWS this. Yet, he gambles to prevent the catch from happening. I'm all for this if you've got safetly help. However, you don't Mr. Clements - make sure you make the tackle. ARGH!

The game went from close (14-10, Niners momentum) to out of hand in 2 minutes (White TD, Walker fumble, Turner TD) due to a couple stupid plays by the Niners. I thought we were supposed to be a well-coached team? This doesn't even deal with Dre' bein dre' - you stay classy, Dre.

1 comment:

  1. Read more!! I'm unreasonably excited about this

    As someone who doesn't care about the Niners but does own Roddie White on every fantasy team I could possibly draft him, I want to say thank you to your D for making me not look like a complete moron anymore. Roddie's 33 points won me most my matchups this week. Plus his name is Roddie, which is nice.

    Could've been worse - Miles Austin (who?) on Dallas had 250 yards and 2 TDs this week. That's approximately 270 yards better than Roy Williams, whose corpse lies 20 yards under the turf.

    Can the Niners fans please break down for me how you feel about your team at this point? Fluke game? Bad omen? Wake up call?

    ReplyDelete