Random thoughts because I feel guilty about not adding in a while.

So I am sitting in BJ's watching the Chargers, enjoying a Piranha Pale Ale, and have decided to add many random thoughts since last Wednesday.

I love micro-breweries. BJ's Piranha Pale Ale today, Rock Bottom's Pale Ale on Friday. I always enjoy them.

Sitting in a random sports bar, watching your favorite team, but it's not the local team, it's always nice to sit down next to someone cheering for your team as well.

I LOVE pickup football games. I prefer tackle, but I'll take touch or flag. I can throw pretty well, but in a pickup game, as the QB, it's more important to make sure everyone on your team has some good catches and/or TDs they can remember.

It makes me happy to see the bruises on my arms and legs from a tackle football game.

6 comments:

  1. I like board games with friends and family. Settlers of Catan is the game du jour, and I do pretty well at Scattegories, but I dominate at Boggle. Enough that I have to simply aquiesse to the crowd instead of insisting 'tittle' is a word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My second plate at Thanksgiving is always turkey (dark), mased potatos, and stuffing covered in gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to hear what Peyton Manning says to his guests (including his center, Jeff Saturday) at the Christmas party on the Mastercard commercial. It actually looks funny. (It includes him giving a wrapped football to Saturday and a mouth guard to some woman.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Peyton/JT commercials (yes, I just called him JT, but only cause I'm lazy) - my favorite is the latest with the "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" cast. For some reason, this literally cracks me up every time. This surpassed my previous favorite: the "what do you know about cameras?" commercial. The confused look on JT's face at the end, after originally posing for the picture with Peyton was very well played.

    Overall, the whole series (found here) is really well done - great coverage for Sony that's spurned a rather popular copycat: "Auto-Tune the Ads" (incorporating Royce's favorite recently-bashed musical trend).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love the Sony commercials and the "googedy-goo" Meatballs eyes on Justin Timberlake.

    I wonder if Justin would really beat Peyton at ping-pong?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved everything about this post Aaron. I strongly encourage you to do more.

    I find Peyton and Timberlake fascinating because their humor clearly transcends their sports personalities, making them famous SNL-host types among pop culture at large. What other celebrities (past or present) achieved that type of comedy celebrity?

    ReplyDelete