Creative Blogs that Impress Me

I just want to share a series of cool blogs I read regularly that really impress me with their creativity. Generally speaking, I am most impressed by people who do things well that I can't do well myself (I call this the Dwight K. Schrute Tipping Rule, in honor of a great line from The Office). The following three blogs are creative in ways I am not.

A Life in Translation, run by Jamie Varon, has a joyous layout and style. It covers Jamie's life in Italy and her writing style is creative and fun; the blog is also full of great photos.

Une Femme Curieuse is, as far as I can tell, a lifestyle blog simply run by a creative person. The layout is very cool and the subject matter generally touches on interesting subjects, similar to Smile Like You Mean It.

I consider Your Ill-Fitting Overcoat the poet of the bunch. I am regularly blown away by the writing on the site, and the photos, language, and subject matter stoke my imagination on a regular basis. Plus you get recipes thrown in the mix, which is nice.

You have any suggested blogs to add to my favorites?

6 comments:

  1. Is it weird that I just did a fan post about how much I like these blogs? Do you think if we kidnap one of them they can be our creativity elves? (kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to throw in Nicole Antoinette because her writing is really creative, and also A Little Coffee with My Cream and Sugar mainly because the name and title image is clever

    PS - Nicole's most recent blog is not for men with faint hearts... I cringed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out! Trust me, I'd rather be a FIWK elf than be studying for law school exams (which are not even remotely fun, fyi). So, you know, kidnapping doesn't look so bad...

    Love the premise of FIWK - keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the title "A Little Coffee with My Cream and Sugar" as I am currently down to only 2 Splendas and a healthy (figuratively, probably the complete opposite literally) pour of International Delight's White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After taking a look at all those blogs, I feel very inferior. My first thought is we need to improve our image, because the blogs you mentioned just LOOK GOOD. Second, we need to improve our writing, because while our topics and ideas may be interesting, we definitely don't epxress them in a way that makes others want to read our words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Une Femme, no problem keep on posting interesting things even in the midst of your law school exam grind. Cheers to you.

    Aaron I completely agree with you, we are incredibly boring. Really it's our worst attribute. Anyone else got anything to add?

    Although you don't give yourself enough credit - your immediately preceding quote was pretty hilarious... "a healthy (figuratively, probably the complete opposite literally) pour of cream" was well written. Best parentheticl I've read in weeks.

    ReplyDelete