Best Places to Raise Your Kids

I love everything about the "Best Places to Raise Your Kids" list on BW right now. I love reading about these suburbs and towns, I love the real estate angle, I love that they picked a place in each of the 50 states, I love the unintentional comedy of placing superimposed pictures of people doing unrelated activities over scenic shots of the towns, I even love the failed attempts at choosing some of those scenic shots. Just look at the first example in Tallahassee - they couldn't have found a better pic of Dothan that doesn't include a knocked-over Yield streetsign and an overgrown stucco wall? Really? Why are the mother and child in Montana wearing snow gear and shades to visit the town hall in summer? It remains unclear.

No, it does not bother me that I am apparently a shill for Business Week. And yes, I am curious why none of BW's best cities to live in appear on this list - a message that cities are not good places to raise children?

3 comments:

  1. No chuckles? Not even a smile? The parent throwing his kid in the river in the main photo didn't do it for you? I give up =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want to get a better response? Don't link an article with 52 slides.

    52 slides = not gonna click on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the flip side, maybe someone having a slow day will appreciate having more material to browse for unintentional comedy o.O

    ReplyDelete